Scarlett, Strawberry, Coral, Lipstick, Tomato, Brick, Pillar box, what shade of Red do you prefer?
Choosing to wear red demonstrates a certain level of confidence. In Nature we admire the Robin Red Breast in the bleak Winter landscape. However, using red to colour your home might be a step too far? How daring would you be?
I’ve collated examples (shown left) of carpets, wallpaper and furniture in different red tones.
The softer muted purple red tones are easier to live with in the Home.
The scarlet reds shout and demand attention (1 &13). Pairing orangey reds with warm brass finishes and rich walnut coloured woods balance out these sharper red tones.
The angular shaped chairs (12) I found at Maison Objet this year were upholstered in an incredibly soft red velvet. Red can be an inviting warming colour when applied to tactile fabrics.
Perhaps it’s time to be more adventurous with this uncompromising colour and step out of our comfort zone?
1. Noblis Zeste,
2. Noblis Troquet,
3.Noblis Mont Blanc,
4. Noblis VELOURS BIGG,
5. Noblis FINE SISAL
6. Tim Page carpets “Elver” in Red Pure jute
7. Tim page Carpets “Lancashire” in red and white 100% wool
8, Pierre Frey ORGANZINO Rubis Fadini Borgh,
9. Pierre Frey VISION Rouge Boussac,
10. Pierre Frey Dolino
11. Porta Romana Zelda Lamp & Shade,
12. Cinna dining chairs at Maison Objet 2020
13. “Regency” Julian Chichester
14. Red Leather Piping Samuel & Sons Trimmings,
15. Wallpaper Philip Jefferies Mist Range